Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, září 12

They blew it

ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball commentators, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan, nearly won a lot of respect from me as they discussed why Morgan refers to his segments speaking with players as conversations, rather than interviews.

Miller: You call them conversations, not interviews.

Morgan: That's right. They're just little conversations we have. For it to be an interview you have to be a journalist.

Miller: That's why Larry King is a great journalist.

[Smack forehead.]

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home