Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, září 10

A sneak peek at the new television season

The British version of "Big Brother" has really caused a fit now, after showing disturbing scenes of a woman getting her nipple pierced without anesthesia. Pretty damn disturbing.

And while we can be sure this exact scene won't be recreated for American TV (though this would certainly be more worthy of the term "Nipplegate" than the Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake "wardrobe malfunction" during this year's Super Bowl halftime show), it's interesting to see some of the other ideas that are sure to be ripped off for our airwaves in the time to come. Because all winning American reality TV shows are just ripoffs of European television.

But I do move to officially rechristen the genre "voyeur TV", since it's more apt a moniker for such contrived scenarios.

And while I'm at it, I also move to change the name of "Big Brother" to "Stalin", because "Man of Steel" (even if it's in Russian), is just way more forboding. Plus, there's the little matter of Stalin actually having been Big Brother.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home