Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, září 5

Celebrity

Yesterday my cousin Kyle and I went to the Movieland Wax Museum. It was much cooler than I expected, with a nice, long walk through cinema history. (Favorite scene: A reproduction of "Doctor Zhivago". Sorry, Colleen.) However, the depiction of Britney Spears beneath a disco ball was out of place, not to mention not true to life. (Her midriff wasn't exposed.) That could've easily been omitted.

The most amusing moment of the day came before the depiction of a scene from "Cleopatra" with a wax reproduction of Elizabeth Taylor bearing a lot of cleavage. A family walked past while I was at an adjacent exhibit. The father remarked, "There's Liz Taylor, showing her boobs." His young son questioned, "Showing her boobs?" To which the father replied, "Yup. Some people get famous showing their boobs." You gotta respect him for at least being honest with the youngster. Although I'm sure he'll learn this for himself in a few years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Bearing? I think "baring" would be more appropriate in this case. ;-)

4:42 odp.  
Blogger Alexander Dubcek said...

Clearly you didn't see the exhibit, otherwise you would've agreed that wax Liz was "bearing" a lot of cleavage. :-)

5:58 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home