Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, srpna 8

Steamed hams

An excellent clincher to this New York Times piece on "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" to underscore the low esteem with which this country holds the original claimant to burger royalty:

Even Mr. Hogan, the author and White Castle historian, sounds conflicted about his area of expertise. "I sort of cringe when people say I'm the pre-eminent expert on White Castle," he said. "I mean, it's not exactly
the most prestigious subject matter."


On the other hand, a scholar has to have some area of specialization.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home