Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pondělí, srpna 23

We beg to differ

Boy, did Air Canada ever screw up.

It seems the airline opted not to send the Stanley Cup on a connecting flight from Vancouver to Fort St. John, B.C., deeming it in excess of the weight limit on checked baggage. This despite the fact that the airline's agents were duly informed that the article being checked was none other than Lord Stanley's Cup.

Fitness gym owner Brian Lock, who was to have viewed the Cup Sunday night, was suitably disgusted.

"It's not like it's a brown paper bag; it's the holy grail," he said. "It's probably the most important non-religious artifact in Canada."

But really, is there even a religious artifact in Canada that trumps the Cup? I don't know, but I'd find it hard to believe there's a Shrine of Our Lady of Moosejaw that's considered more sacred north of the border than hockey's Holy Grail. Seriously, let me know if such an artifact or object exists.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home