Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, září 9

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The World Health Organization is calling on the Czech Republic to raise taxes on alcohol to make beer more expensive than soft drinks and bottled water.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

What a perfect solution. Let's make Coke cheaper than Budvar so that instead of drunk kids, we can have obese kids.

Why don't they just card people? It can't be legal to sell alcohol to a 10 year old. And if it is, it shouldn't be.

2:04 odp.  
Blogger Alexander Dubcek said...

It's not legal to sell to minors. But it happens all the time because shopkeepers and bartenders would rather get their money, and enforcement is pretty lax. However, I think this is a problem not specific to the Czech Republic, at least in Europe.

3:08 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home