Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, září 10

Cannibus maximus

You're former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Nate Newton, and you've just been busted at a traffic stop with a quantity of pot that's somewhere in the neighborhood of your playing weight. Who ya gonna call?

While driving home this afternoon, I heard a radio advertisement for a lawyer. This in and of itself is unremarkable. Local TV stations sell much of their daytime ad time to ambulance chasers. One of them, Larry H. Parker, is a local legend. (So much so that even when lawyers were no longer able to advertise the dollar amount they had gotten clients, he could still have a former client say "Larry H. Parker got me -- you know the story" and everyone knows it was $2.1 million.)

But this particular lawyer, Bruce Margolin, is in a class all by himself. Why? Because he's a defense attorney who specializes in marijuana cases. You can call him at 1-800-420-LAWS (get it!?), or visit him on the Web at 1800420LAWS.com. Quoth his site:

“From Marijuana to Murder” is the catch phrase used by Bruce M. Margolin Esq. when asked about the spectrum of law practiced by his firm.

At least life in L.A. never wants for the unusual.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home