Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pondělí, dubna 18

Posthumous cult of personality, anyone?

On the new Lincoln museum in Springfield, Ill.:

The museum literature points out that its goal "is not to fully explain all of the issues that confronted Lincoln but to inspire in the visitor a deep sense of personal connection and empathy with the man."

In other words, the museum's purpose isn't to educate visitors. Perish the thought. All pretense of "edutainment" is out the window.

Because it'd be awful if the museum, you know, made people learn and stuff.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home