Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, března 16

Why I love the Slovak (and Czech) media

Petr Bokuvka, a Czech who hosts an English-language broadcast, Slovakia Today, on Radio Slovakia International, reports on a misinformed -- or else stupid, flighty, moronic -- journalist from Lithuania who called him wanting comment on how his country feels about talks with Croatia on EU accession:

I have a strong feeling that the lady wanted to call the English broadcast of the SLOVENIAN public radio and her staffers gave her wrong institution and wrong number. But what the hell, we did the dispatch anyway. It's her call.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home