Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, dubna 1

Back

Sadly, I've returned to this country.

While coming back from a trip abroad is always a letdown, this time is more so than my previous two trips overseas.

In part it's because Ireland was absolutely lovely and I had a terrific vacation chock-a-block with good times and fond memories.

And in part it's because returning meant having to part with my dear fiancee.

See, Colleen and I got engaged in Dublin two weeks ago. That's right. I put the kibosh on all the none-too-subtle hints and rumors of our pending engagement, giving way to what is sure to be a long series of wedding plans and the like. And since we're looking at quite a long engagement -- at minimum two years, but in all likelihood at least three -- it's just going to be an unending crescendo. All the more reason to half-seriously consider eloping each time I visit Colleen in Las Vegas over the coming years.

But, yeah, that's the major news.

Also, our vacation pictures are now online. Colleen has put them up here for all who are so inclined. I recommend the political murals in Belfast, although all the scenery is quite delightful.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home