Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, srpna 20

The Ozzmen howleth

Did you happen to catch Ozzy Osbourne's rendition (accompanied by wife-manager-handler Sharon) of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" Sunday afternoon at Wrigley Field? Unbelievable.

Of course, sadder than Ozzy's godawful crooning (he clearly had no clue what the lyrics were and seemed determined just to wing it via incomprehensible mumblings) is that this is arguably one of the most realistic imitations of the original, Harry Caray himself. Caray was never going to get asked to sing in Carnegie Hall, much like Ozzy, though Ozzy has a narrow leg up in having a record contract. Amazing, ain't it?

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home