Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, července 26

Les NASCARs???

Evidently Major League Baseball has the solution to one of its most pressing problems. Atlanta Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren just suggested to his partner in the booth, Skip Caray, in all seriousness, that they purchase the Montreal Expos and relocate them to Macon, Ga.!

This would, as they point out, have the advantage of giving the Braves a natural rival. Certainly not Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. nor Portland, Ore., nor San Juan, Puerto Rico, can offer such an "advantage." Of course, how Macon would be an improvement over the stadium and attendance problems hounding the franchise in Montreal is beyond me. That is, aside from the fact that it has a better-named hockey team, the Macon Whoopee. I'm serious. Take that, Montreal Canadiens.

We now know that TBS stands for "The Broadcasters Suck."

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home