Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, ledna 31

Outfoxed

Why does Fox hate America?

Tonight, the dear leader of our great nation delivered an important State of the Union address. Many television networks saw fit to preempt regular programming in order to broadcast this critical speech live. These included NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS.

And yet, Fox saw fit to carry a repeat of the Simpsons. For shame!

I suppose Fox doesn't think it important to support our president at a time when national unity is crucial. This leads me to think they're just part of the liberal, America-hating, terrorist-supporting, scum media, attempting to offer comfort to America's enemies.

We should hardly be surprised. After all, the head of Fox, Rupert Murdoch, is a foreigner. And he wasn't even born here [sic]. It's just the sort of thing we should expect from his kind of people.

I expect Bill O'Reilly to place this at the head of his "Talking Points" on the next Factor. And Sean Hannity will probably do the patriotic thing and call for Murdoch's head, and for all other Australian-Americans to be detained and tortured without due process.

(See, not so much fun when it gets thrown back in your face. At least they didn't preempt the Simpsons, which would've required me to make a rant about why the CBC is so great, since it doesn't preempt its Simpsons repeats so the asstastic president can stumble through a major speech saying idiotic things.)

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home