Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, ledna 27

How the mighty have fallen

There's a joke in here somewhere.

I think it's comical, the Mighty [sic] Schmucks of Anaheim have decided to improve their image by dropping the "Mighty" from their name for next season, when they'll be just the Anaheim Schmucks. Like people will forget that they're still named after the crappiest hockey movie franchise ever, just because the modifying adjective is gone.

It's also amusing that this comes on the same day as a story that perennial doormat the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are mulling dropping "Devil" from the team's name. Because the Tampa Bay Rays sounds so much better.

It's times like these I yearn for the alma mater to ditch the Wildcat nickname and return to our roots by calling ourselves the Fighting Methodists. Or for Stanford to accept one of the proposals from when the school dropped the "Indian" nickname and someone with a sense of humor and history proposed they be called the Robber Barons.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home