Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, ledna 17

Eh?

One of the nice things about watching hockey broadcast on Canadian networks is the chance to view Canadian campaign ads for the upcoming parliamentary election.

A particular favorite is one from the governing Liberal Party that repeats the Washington TImes' editorial assessment of Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative Party, which tells of how Harper could be the most pro-American foreign leader in the Western world. Harper's election, says the Times, would bring a smile to the face of George W. Bush.

And to underscore the point that this is bad, especially if you're Canadian, the ad closes with a small editorial comment in response to this possibility: "Well, at least someone will be happy, eh?"

My name is (not) Joe, and I am (not) Canadian!

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home