Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, července 9

The British are wankers! The British are wankers!

Today's day of fun and travel featured a trip to the Staropramen brewery in Prague's Smichov neighborhood, conveniently located on the opposite side of the river from my current lodging.

It was a good time, though my enjoyment was certainly impaired by the preponderance of British men on holiday (several of whom appeared to be in Prague for stag parties). There were probably 20 to 30 people on the tour, one of whom was a woman. All those British men were on their typically boorish behavior (this has been quite a probably for Prague in recent years with the advent of bargain flights from the UK).

Basically, the best explanation I can think of for male British visitors to Prague is that they're like American frat boys, only about 5 to 10 years older, so they ought to know better, even more so than frat boys should.

So during the tour I got to enjoy catcalls at any mention of alcohol, and lots of inappropriate comments and questions for the poor young Czech woman who was our guide. It was almost enough to make wish I had gone on a Czech-language tour, suffering through the language barrier as best I could, if only because it would've spared me 60 minutes of Britishness.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home