Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pondělí, ledna 31

They also thought a prohibition on quartering troops was excessive

First amendment no big deal, students say

"The way many high school students see it, government censorship of newspapers may not be a bad thing, and flag burning is hardly protected free speech....

"Yet, when told of the exact text of the First Amendment, more than one in three high school students said it goes 'too far' in the rights it guarantees. Only half of the students said newspapers should be allowed to publish freely without government approval of stories."

Which just goes to show that high school students are stupid. And yet the U.S. government allows them to operate heavy machinery, an, ahem, "right" they evidently esteem more than, say, being able to criticize the government for not also letting them purchase and imbibe alcohol legally.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home