Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, ledna 19

May there never be a children's cartoon conservatives can't try to ruin

I've recently heard someone espouse the theory that many homophobes make a point of open hostility toward anything gay because they're trying to repress their own homosexual inclinations. Maybe that's a load of rubbish (and considering the source, I'd think it a distinct possibility), but still, you have to wonder:

Conservatives Pick Soft Target: A Cartoon Sponge

Yes, they're going after SpongeBob.

Reportedly, Mr. SquarePants appears with "children's television colleagues like Barney and Jimmy Neutron" in a "pro-homosexual video" being distributing to schools in order to promote a "tolerance pledge."

The video's creator, Nile "We Are Family" Rodgers, claims conservatives have it wrong, that the video merely promotes multiculturalism.

It does speak volumes for conservatives, though, that they're conflating "multiculturalism" with "tolerance for homosexual lifestyles" in evidently condemning diversity.

A question: couldn't they have gotten Tinky-Winky for the video? After all, he is a well-known "children's television colleague" of Mr. SquarePants, and a member of the Communist Party.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home