Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, ledna 8

A euphemism by any other name would still be a dildo

During the German band Rammstein's 1998 American debut tour, the lead singer, Till Lindemann, whipped out a monstrous black appliance in his performance of "Bück Dich" ("Bend Over") and employed it to simulate sex with his keyboardist, who lay on the floor with a mask on his face, a chain around his neck and a gag in his mouth. When they tried this in Worcester, Mass., the two men spent the night in jail on obscenity charges.

I'd love to see the clerk's reaction at a sex shop if s/he were asked for a "monstrous black appliance." For shame, New York Times Arts section.

And for the record, I remain convinced that "Claire Berlinski" is a phony name for a reporter filing from Berlin.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home