Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, prosince 19

When it comes to nativity scenes, never let it be said that Catalonians don't give a shit

In Catalonian nativities, you'll find a character not seen in any other culture's nativity: a caganer, or defecator.

That little dumpy-looking figurine in the corner is fertilizing the earth, thereby making him a symbol of prosperity and luck for the new year.

Of course, the Catalonians have a sense of humor about this. Stand-in caganers depict devils, celebrities and Spanish royalty. The caganer: not your garden variety nativity figure.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home