Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, prosince 2

Let's curb suicide by making it illegal

While some college officials question whether students should be forced into counseling, others favor the heavy-handed approach. The University of Puget Sound, one of the campuses that recently began using the Illinois approach, bluntly describes the program as "a public statement that suicide is unacceptable here."

And this is supposed to deter a suicidal student from doing harm to his or her self? Because he or she will have to live -- oops -- with the shame of being ostracized by the university community? That should work.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home