Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, listopadu 24

Washington democracy inaction

From the "If I had bothered to vote for either of these two knuckleheads, I would have needed to bump off only 41 people to make my vote matter" department:

Margin Now Just 42 Votes in Washington State Race

For the record, the apparent winner, Dino Rossi, is described in the article as a "commercial real estate agent," but I have it on good authority from another grad student who has lived in one of Rossi's buildings that the correct term for the would-be governor-elect is "slumlord."

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home