Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, listopadu 17

Lest you think student activists are a bunch of crackpots...

...take a moment today to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia, which began with a demonstration by tens of thousands of courageous students and culminated with the complete collapse of the Communist regime in just more than a month.

(And yes, I realize that this is an extremely oversimplified explanation of the fall of communism, but 17 November is widely recognized as the beginning of the Velvet Revolution.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

velvet feels good! ;-)

11:46 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home