Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, listopadu 11

Pop quiz

"The truth is that drunken peasants at a country fair behave better than these journalists do."

Who said it and in what context?

A: George Steinbrenner, remarking on a skirmish in which two beat writers from the New York Post came to blows over the last can of Sierra Mist in the press box ice chest.
B: Rupert Murdoch, scolding the head of ABC News for getting exit polls wrong in six swing states that ultimately went to George W. Bush.
C: Leonid Brezhnev, criticizing the Czechoslovak government for the lack of pre-publication censorship in the media during the Prague Spring of 1968.
D. Abraham Lincoln, lamenting the boorish manners and fabricated dispatches of field reporters "embedded" with Union troops during the American Civil War.

Winner receives the last pair of Yankee-branded tube socks given away in the press box during Game 7 of this year's ALCS (which I had to wrestle away from Bill Rhoden of the New York Times).

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home