Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, února 4

Shredded

As we all (should have) expected, I did not in fact get the internship I wanted. Of course not.

I finally got word of this earlier this afternoon, when they called me to tell me that they had chosen someone else who had some background in religion, even though they still think I have a great background and want to keep my resume on file. A fat lot of good that's likely to do me. Argh.

Rather than attempt to expound on the effect this has had on me, and to make some pathetic plea for pity, I'll simply say that I feel like a dog that's been kicked. It's not that I feel particularly slighted by this organization in particular, though obviously I really wanted this job, but it's more the general sense that life is out to kick me in the ass at every opportunity.

But praise be to the jobless economic recovery.

In the meantime, I get to begin thinking long and hard about what I'm going to do at the end of the month, since I'll be broke shortly thereafter and no longer able to stick around here. At least, not if I don't get a job in the interim. So, keep checking this space and looking for updates as I try to sort out what the hell I'm going to do with my life.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home