Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, února 4

Only in America

While browsing the USPS FAQ section, trying to get information about getting a package redelivered because they mythical delivery notice they left never appeared at my apartment, I encountered a particularly interesting question: "What is required to mail a shotgun to a family member?"

No, seriously.

Bear in mind that this section also includes questions like "Why is the Eid stamp being issued?" Bear in mind that the Eid, at least the Eid-ul-Adha, is an important Islamic festival commemorating the end of Ramadan. This is sort of like asking why there are Christmas stamps or why we acknowledge Easter. At least, assuming that this question contains mere cultural ignorance, and isn't just an anti-Islamic rant.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home