Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, ledna 8

Finding my religion

So, I took a survey online tonight and discovered that I am absolutely, without doubt, 100 percent an adherent to the belief system of secular humanism.

That's cool. I'm accepting of that. It's basically a liberal, tolerant philosophy, something very much out of the Enlightenment. It's devoid of much spirituality, beyond any naturalistic yearnings, but that's fine. Should I ever feel inclined to indulge my spiritual side, I can always check out Unitarian Universalism, which is more or less a brand of humanism that embraces or synthesizes many different religious and systems of belief as all having truth, validity, etc.

It's kind of funny, to just base something like this, which is often an intensely personal and pivotal issue in peoples' lives, on a brief Internet quiz. But I think mainly it was just a simple matter of giving a name to something I've more or less embraced for several years. So in that respect, fear not, for I have not just up and adopted the first religion the computer spat out.

I am a secular humanist. And I am completely and perfectly at peace with the thought.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home