Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, března 11

An Army of Dumb

Remember, the U.S. military needs extralegal measures like torture to get hard evidence about terrorist networks.

Weeks after complaining about the garbage, he said, he was surrounded by Humvees, hooded, tied up and carted to a nearby base before being transferred to Abu Ghraib. Then the questioning began.

"They blamed me for attacking U.S. forces," he said, "but I said I was handicapped; how could I fire a rifle?" he said, pointing to his hand. "Then he asked me, 'Where is Osama bin Laden?' And I answered, 'Afghanistan.' "

How did he know? "Because I heard it on TV," he replied.


Yup, solid evidence. I'm glad they subjected him and so many others to torture and other forms of abuse. Now we know with certainty that they're linked to al-Qaida and other terrorist organizations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Violeta del mar said...

This kind of thing really makes me mad - this endless abuse of the Iraqi people in their own homeland.

I'm enjoying reading through your informative posts, btw! :)

10:44 dop.  

Okomentovat

<< Home