Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, září 9

At least we know where Dubya got it from

You have to love (read: loathe) compassionate conservatism.

Take ex-First Lady Barbara Bush, who showed her sympathy for Katrina refugees in that special Bush way:

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them."


Right. The myth of welfare mothers lives, even as corporate welfare fathers (Halliburton, anyone?) get ever fatter suckling at the government's teat.

And I'm sure the evacuees' desire to remain in Texas has nothing to do with the fact that, you know, their homes and everything else they left behind in Louisiana are in ruins. I mean, just because there's nothing but devastation left, that's no reason they shouldn't want to return to the nothingness.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home