Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, srpna 27

Seems reasonable

In a further display of its status as a "haven for Islamic terrorists" (read: they hate our Christian, god-loving way of life), Venezuela has temporarily tightened permits for foreign preachers.

This, of course, comes on the heels of Pat Robertson calling for the assassination of democratically elected Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, then trying to backpedal from that remark by lying, claiming not to have mentioned "assassination" specifically (he did), but claiming that "take him out" could've meant something less criminal, such as kidnapping.

On Friday, Mr. Chávez said that President Bush would be to blame if anything happened to him after the comments by Mr. Robertson.

"He was expressing the wishes of the U.S. elite," Mr. Chávez said at a public event. "If anything happens to me, then the man responsible will be George W. Bush. He will be the assassin."

He said, "This is pure terrorism."


The measures taken by Venezuela seem eminently reasonable. A foreign elite openly broadcasts his wish to see the country thrown into turmoil by assassination, so the government immediately responds by taking targeted measures to safeguard national security.

I mean, it's perfectly responsible. You wouldn't expect the government to fail to act on an intelligence report with an awfully ominous-sounding subject line Certainly not a responsible government.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home