Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, srpna 28

Grammar in the court

"The language ought to be used precisely, particularly by lawyers and judges," Mr. Sorensen said. "This is the best thing I've heard about Judge Roberts so far."

Now there's a ringing endorsement of John Roberts. He may hold offensive opinions on women's rights, etc., but at least he knows the difference between "affect" and "effect." Not to mention "ensure" vs. "insure."

No, seriously, I'm not trying to knock this. It would give Roberts some redeeming quality, however minor and relatively trifling, whereas Dubya can't even make up words properly.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home