Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, dubna 11

Tour de force

In anticipation of Chicago Critical Mass' upcoming May Day Ride, which will be a little more than eight miles (plus another five to 10 miles riding to and from the starting and finishing points), I decided to go for a little ride today.

It is my great pleasure to report that I successfully biked about 17 miles today, making the round trip between my North Side apartment and central Evanston in less than two hours (despite stopping at the grocery store a few blocks from home in that time).

Yup, I think I could really get into this biking thing. I have great plans. If only I didn't have to wear ridiculous business attire, I'd seriously start biking to work.

But at least since getting the old bike our neighbor gave us in working order yesterday, I'm mobile.

Plus, my sudden fascination with cycling has been encouraged by the Kraftwerk album I bought this week, Tour de France Soundtracks. It's superb, and it makes me want to cycle.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home