Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, března 31

The seven words you can't say on TV (but can say in Congress)

For those of you who missed it, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill that ups the fine for "indecent" or "profane" broadcasting.

H.R. 3687, for clarity's sake, I'm sure, lists the specific words that are a big no-no for broadcasters.

In other words, if you were to air a report on this bill, you couldn't read the full text of the bill on the air without getting nailed for "indecency."

Orwell must be proud.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home