Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, března 16

Evanston, Canada

While my principal quibbles with this column on prescription drug reimportation concern its kneejerk conservative response to socialized medicine (it's bad, because America has the most advanced medical technology in the world, even though most Americans get little or no health care), I find this memorable and noteworthy for another reason.

Key quote: Evanston, Ill., is described parenthetically as "a town more Canadian than American in its culture".

As a former four-year resident of E-town, I can assure all that this is a wholly accurate characterization. Without a doubt.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home