Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, března 24

Paydirt

It's official (I think): I will indeed receive funding to earn my doctorate in history at the University of Washington. I got an e-mail today saying they're offering me a four-year package, which covers tuition, benefits and a poverty-level stipend. So, while I won't be buying a summer palace in Versailles anytime soon, I at least will enjoy the privilege of getting paid to earn a Ph.D.

And I happen to think that's pretty damn cool and makes me pretty damn special (even if I do have to T.A. three years to sing for my supper).

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home