Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, ledna 22

Freudian slip?

A lot of people have demonized Joe Lieberman for being on the far right of the Democratic Party, and deservedly so. In fact, a lot of people (yours truly especially enthusiastically) like to maintain that he's really just a Republican, given that he's 1) in the pocket of the Hartford insurance industry, 2) extremely fiscally conservative, 3) alarmingly hawkish and 4) just generally a frightening guy.

But this contention seems justified by Lieberman's own remarks during the debate of Democratic presidential hopefuls in New Hampshire earlier tonight.

Harping on the theme of electability that's become Democratic chic since Iowa, Lieberman insisted he would be the hardest candidate for Bush to attack.

"The reason is that the Republicans can't run their normal playbook on me that they try to run on Democratic candidates."

That's right, he just confessed that he wasn't a Democrat, but is actually a Republican. Newsworthy only in Lieberman's admission, not the substance of it.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home