Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, ledna 22

Luddites for democracy

While I'm ordinarily eager to promote democracy and the electronic age, I have to admit, I'm a bit dismayed at the way people are proposing to institute digital voting in this country. As currently practiced, it's really, really damn easy for the electronic voting machines to be rigged. And there are plenty of unsavory characters already in position to do just that. Not mentioned in the article: the CEO of Diebold is a BIG Bush supporter and fund-raiser (if I recall correctly, I think he captured both "Pioneer" and "Ranger" status for raising more than a quarter-million dollars for Dubya in the 2000 election). Not to suggest that Diebold might have reason to manipulate the vote.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home