Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, ledna 22

Bush by the numbers

Since it's not always enough to allow raw emotion and gut feelings to determine our political preferences, the good folks over at The Independent in Britain have done the math and broken down Bush's performance in his first three years in office statistically, allowing us to make more sophisticated quantitative analyses.

(The verdict, for those of you who don't want to pore over all the numbers, is that Bush sucks. A lot. More than pretty much any U.S. president before him. And this includes such illuminaries as Bush the Elder, Ronnie, Tricky Dick, Warren G. "Teapot Domes" Harding, Herbert "Sucks Like A" Hoover, Rutherfraud B. Hayes, James Monroe and Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton. So you know I'm not just blowing smoke.)

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home