Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, prosince 19

Back with a vengeance

So, Bloggedup decided to violate the spirit of the Internet, namely that the best things online are free.

Since Colleen and I created blogs with them, they've eliminated their free hosting plan, and evidently this week decided to delete all the remaining free blogs. Of course, they didn't bother notifying the persons affected by this development (i.e. us) of the impending change. Lo and behold, when I went to check my site Tuesday, it no longer existed.

This could have proved an unmitigated catastrophe, since I lacked any backup of my entries. (Funny, I assumed it was safe to leave them on the server, as it seemed less likely for them to be disappeared there than on my hard drive.)

Fortunately, Colleen remembered that Google caches all the pages it trolls, so doing a search for the old site yielded cached versions of all my entries. Except for the most recent one. In any event, I've saved all of them save the last one, and will be importing them here gradually. Just bear with me in the interim.

Also, you'll have to pardon my uninspired, generic layout. The spiffy design you all (both?) came to know and love will (hopefully) reappear here in the not-too-distant future, pending whenever Colleen can edit and upload it or I learn how to do that sort of thing myself.

Anyway, enjoy!

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home