Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, prosince 6

The scourge of reality

Nice little piece in the Times by David Brooks fearing that a convention week in New York City will turn Republicans liberal.

Oh yeah, the article's a hoot. For one, I love his gross mischaracterization of New York as a bastion of rampant liberalism. Because the city's two most recent mayors, Rudy "the red-faced nitwit" Giuliani and Michael "don't tell anyone I'm a Red Sox fan" Bloomberg, are real bleeding hearts.

My favorite part? How about this snippet:

"Liberalism doesn't just happen. It is a product of a certain environment."

That environment, Mr. Brooks, would be the real world.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home