Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, října 1

Military-industrial complex?

From the introduction to Allan R. Millett and Peter Maslowski's For the Common Defense: A Military History of the United States of America, the textbook for the American military history I'm TAing for this quarter:

"When gauging America's strength against potential enemies, policy makers realized that the nation could devote its energies and financial resources to internal development rather than to maintaining a large and expensive peacetime military establishment." (xii)

I'd hate to see what the tab would be if we had a "large and expensive" military buildup, since ours is evidently more modest.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home