Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pátek, února 20

When piranhas fly

Planning an upcoming getaway to London? Then you might want to arm yourself with an umbrella and avoid boating on the Thames. It seems a seagull dropped a dead piranha on the deck of a ship in the Thames, some 5,000 miles or so away from its natural habitat in the tropical Amazon.

Of course, the fish liked died due to the frigid temperatures of the Thames, rather than from an attack by the bird. Then again, given the water quality of London's famous river, it might have been from other most unnatural causes.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home