Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, května 27

Capri pants

Nothing to report here. I slept obscenely late, got up, soon went back to bed, and otherwise dilly-dallied around most of the day. On the plus side, I did finally enter the remainder of my plethora events into my calendar (I swear, there's a reception or ceremony or something similar I'm going to every day for the next two weeks). And I made decent headway getting caught up with e-mail. I'd like to say there was a mountain of it awaiting me, but then I'd be lying.

I suppose this is the part where I'm supposed to begin being introverted and opening the doors to my psyche ... but I'm not feeling it. Not tonight. Not when it's, oh, 3:48 a.m. I'm not terribly tired (see sleeping obscenely late, then going back to bed), but I'm just not feeling it. Sigh.

Of course, in many respects, I find the whole pouring your soul out to total strangers on the Web completely clichéd. So, of course, I do just that. (No one can ever accuse me of not living up to my mantle as a "pretensious nonconformist" so nyah nyah.) I'm not really sure why I've opted to bite the bullet and produce my own Web site. I mean, it's something I've wanted to do for quite some time, though in an earlier incarnation this space would likely have extolled the virtues of Trent Reznor, musical genius, or ranted about the Los Angeles Kings defense corps. That's not to say that I won't get around to doing that ... just that it's not the primary mission.

So, here I am, living a cliché, doing it 'cos everyone else is. Yeah, that's boring, and tried. Sure, I'm pretty lame as an amateur humorist, given to bad puns and the like. And no, I won't write great, vibrant prose or epic verse, so I apologize for disappointing anyone who stumbles across this site seeking enlightenment. But, at least it's my contribution to the historical record. Leaving my mark. Making my graffito on the back alley wall of human history. El Barto was here.

Anywho, that's as introspective as I'll be for tonight. Sorry folks.

"That's a pretty good deal. But I think I've got a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?"

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home