Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

pondělí, února 17

Human Velvet

Vítám vás na Human Velvet!


At long last, I've hitched my way onto that infinite strip of bandwidth known as the information superhighway. While I can't say that I know with certainty where this journey will take me, I have a few pit stops in mind for the long trip ahead: Estonia; Latvia; Lithuania; St. Peterburg (Russia, not Florida); Moscow; (the other, or "real") Siberia; Beijing; Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and the rest of the former Yugoslavia; and, of course, Prague, Czech Republic.


If you're navigating this site, you likely know already of my grand dreams of living in Prague for a year after I graduate from university this June -- hopefully on the government's dime as a Fulbright scholar. (Hence the plentiful subtle and not-so-subtle Czech references that will and already dot this Web space.) So, should this plan pan out, this site will ultimately serve as a convenient window on my life abroad.


In the interim, I'll post to this periodically (probably -- hopefully -- not so frequently as many people, lest I fail to complete my thesis before its due date). Yeah, this doesn't exactly make me unique or different. So I'm following the trend. That's not to say that I can't at least attempt to make waves whenever possible. Plus, I'll have one-of-a-kind, oh-so-fascinating content available only here, which should differentiate me from the rest. Like Czech-language postings. And progress reports on my thesis.


So, that's it for now. Enjoy or don't what you read here. They're only opinions, but at least they're all mine. Usually.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home