Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, května 30

If a Stanley Cup Finals is played in Orange County, does anybody care?

Evidently not, according to TSN's intrepid man-on-the-beach reporting.

There was plenty of volleyball going on at the beach Monday but little sign of a hockey fan. Some say they are fans but it's wise not to scratch too deeply below the surface.

''Yes I am. I live right near where they train for the Ducks,'' said Anaheim's Sheryl Lobbig, who was taking a break from suntanning. ''I like how they get in fights. It's very aggressive. I like the aggressiveness.''

But can she name the team facing the Ducks in the final?

''No, not now I can't,'' she said. ''I'm not up on that right now. The Kings?''

Lobbig turned to her two friends.

''Who is the team from Canada?'' she asked.

The responses were ''Minnesota'' and ''the Royals''.


Nice. I especially like how someone evidently located Minnesota in Canada. Not that I'm surprised. I recall the fourth-grade classmate who said "Canada is under Texas," so you can see OC-educated folks are routinely stumped by Canadian geography.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home