Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, října 22

Ouch

One ESPN columnist's recollection on growing up a White Sox fan:

The White Sox have been a constant in my life during that time. But, here's the scary truth. In that same year, 1975, my Dad took me to my first Northwestern football game (can you believe this guy? The Department of Children and Family Services has made home visits for lesser offenses). And, despite the fact that, at one point, they lost 34 games in a row and won just six in my four years of college there, up until the past month, Northwestern football had brought me far more memorable moments in my life than the White Sox. Being a Sox fan is like having a pet goldfish. It's just kind of uneventful.

I'd just like to point out that the alma mater beat a ranked opponent for the third consecutive week this afternoon, thank you very much.

I also disliked his analogy of a Sox fan being like a Zoroastrian yak herder from Uzbekistan. After all, I have no reason to dislike Zoroastrian yak herders from Uzbekistan.

Go Cats!

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home