Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

sobota, srpna 6

Where's Johnny English when you need him?

How about that? It seems British "intelligence" is just as sharp as its American counterpart after all.

As in, evidently they got a warning from Saudi officials weeks before the London bombings about a likely attack:

Saudi Arabia officially warned Britain of an imminent terrorist attack on London just weeks ahead of the 7 July bombings after calls from one of al-Qaeda's most wanted operatives were traced to an active cell in the United Kingdom.

Although, I suppose, in fairness, this wasn't intelligence gather by MI5 and MI6 themselves, nor did it come across anyone's desk as a memo with a title like "Islamic Terrorists to Coordinate Suicide Bombings on London Public Transit."

Because if you had just a glaring memo, there's no way you could ignore it. Oops.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymní said...

Funny you should mention that memo:

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/08/06/anniversary_of_the_war_on_terrors_dday.php

9:30 dop.  

Okomentovat

<< Home