Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

neděle, srpna 7

Bizarre

Spotted, on multiple billboards yesterday, while returning from Karlovy Vary to Prague by bus:

"Big Brother vidíte tě."

Literally, this means "Big Brother is watching you." It's an ad for the upcoming season of the Czech edition of "Big Brother." But these ads are a bit creepy, especially when you consider that they're in a country that endured one of the nastiest bouts of Stalinism in the entire Communist bloc in the late 1940s and early 1950s. I mean, if you're going to be so brazen, why not also include a huge-ass picture of Big Brother himself?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymní said...

How does that saying go? Something like history the first time is tragedy, the second time is farce?

6:31 dop.  

Okomentovat

<< Home