Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, května 24

Typical

While Matt Miller's guest column is commendable for advocating drastic restructuring of high-level jobs so that workaholics like his wife can enjoy some balance between career and family, it's incredible how he seems to miss on one of the most fundamental reasons women in particular face such unenviable choices, namely that lazy-ass men like himself don't do enough to raise those families and thus saddle their wives with the double burden of having a career and running the household. Not that, you know, I'd expect him to take such a sobering, introspective look. But it's really remarkable how these attitudes persist.

Men are pigs. I think we should shoot them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

you seem to think you're winning points by volunteering to shoot yourself...

10:30 odp.  
Anonymous Anonymní said...

Be reasonable. If he actually got off of his flabby ass and did something around the house, who would write a book called "The 2 Percent Solution", which I'm sure advocates the hiring of former Russian government officials named Misha to solve all the world's problems.

3:49 odp.  
Anonymous Anonymní said...

As if you couldn't tell, that last comment was mine, I forgot to sign my name.

3:49 odp.  
Blogger Colleen said...

yeah, but i bet Misha's not planning to do any housework, either...

6:18 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home