Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

čtvrtek, září 30

No-spin zone

As for the documentary's "research," a film positioning itself as a scrupulously factual "alternative" to "Fahrenheit 9/11" should not inflate Mr. Bush's early business "success" with Arbusto Energy (an outright bust for most of its investors) or the number of children he's had vaccinated in Iraq ("more than 22 million," the movie claims, in a country whose total population is 25 million).

From Frank Rich's brilliant review of "George W. Bush: Faith in the White House", a documentary that tries to be a right-wing answer to "Fahrenheit 9/11" but ends up more like "The Passion of the Bush".

This is one of the 10 best pieces of journalism I've ever read. Rich cuts through the crap beautifully and calls Dubya an idiot where it's appropriate. (Hint: everywhere)

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home